Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thankful Things Thursday: Sappy Sally Edition

Hey everyone!  Today didn't exactly catch me off guard as Thursday usually does but it did find me a little bit behind schedule.  I had toyed with the idea of not posting today since I had a post go live last night after the show aired that talked about the finale.  However as I thought about Thankful Things Thursday I knew I had to write a post because there is one thing that really hit me yesterday and makes me thankful every day but this week deserves extra kudos.

Somewhere in Central Park
This week (and most other weeks too) I am so thankful that I have Dan.  While the voting was going on he was reaching out to friends, co-workers and others to tell them my story and ask them to vote and share my story with people they knew.

When we were in New York on Friday he spent much of the day sitting around waiting.  For those that don't know Dan, waiting is not really his specialty.  Having been through the filming before I kind of knew what to expect but even I couldn't prepare him for how much time he'd be waiting.  But, he handled it like a champ and even seemed to enjoy himself.

About 5 minutes before the show would start in my area he texted me and told me not to start the show because he was on his way home but because of an accident he was stuck in traffic and running late.  I was so touched that he'd leave work early to come and watch with me considering he knew how the show ended.

Best.  Husband.  Ever.

And so he gets his own post all about him.

PS - I warned you it would be a sappy sally edition (and I even edited out a bunch!)

4 comments:

  1. "Best. Husband. Ever."

    Remember that next time I royally screw something up.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Princeton AndersonsMay 30, 2012 at 4:58 PM

    What a guy! I love his "unknown" response...funny! Oh god, I can absolutely see how your diet went in the toilet in New York City. That is ALL I DO in that city when I visit is EAT. EAT. AND EAT SOME MORE. There is soooo much yummy food there to try and SO LITTLE TIME! My good (foodie) friend Amber and I have been several times together, and we seriously spend the entire trip eating. UGH! Sounds like you handled it beautifully, though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all about progress and not perfection, right? So... no biggie I guess though that is so much easier to say now that I've had a week of controlled eating and lots of activity.

      Delete