Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It's good and it's bad

My weigh-in today was good, let me first say that.  I lost 2.2 pounds which is a lot, in my opinion, and I'm not really sure how it's happening.  The bad part is that I lost another point in my Daily Points Target.  I'm not really sure how to feel about that.  When I saw my doctor a few weeks ago she expressed surprise at the amount of weight I've lost between last November and now.  I can assure you (and her) that it is a safe rate of weight loss.  It's one of the metrics I check often!  

While losing daily points is slightly depressing (but in the "it's hurts so good kinda way") it's exciting to me to continue losing and getting closer to my goal.  But, finding creative ways to use my points so that I still feel satisfied continues to challenge me.  I love this plan and I continue to work this plan because I am able to eat well.  Steak and seafood find their way on our plates more often than not.  Delicious fresh vegetables are now a welcome addition to the table and we continue to look for new ways to prepare them to keep our tastebuds happy.

Dan has told me (several times recently) that I should probably be eating some of my activity points.  I tend to not eat them, not for any particular reason other than I'm not usually hungry.  There are some days where I do feel like I could eat the world, and I try to moderate that but on the normal day I just don't feel it and I don't want to consume food just because I have points left.  

And since I have no funny story to tell you tonight (honestly I wrote one and then read it and then realized it wasn't funny) I will share some funny photos with you.  We needed to take some photos of the two of us and we were getting a little frustrated with the results.  So, we had to shake things up ... We also have a whole new respect for our friends who are photographers.  

Walk like an Egyptian??
Deep Thoughts... or ... you know, my thoughts
There are no words for this one
See you all on Thursday for another Thankful Things Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your loss! That's great! I hardly ever eat my activity points just because I figure at some point in my week I probably calculated incorrectly or had a bite, lick or taste I didn't count. But I think you probably earn way more of them than me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      As for the activity points - that's a really good way to think about things and I'm going to tell my husband that because I know there are times that even though I measure (all the time) that sometimes I throw an extra gram or two in here or there and while that's probably not a big deal to do very often it can certainly add up. I like that way of thinking though - thanks for sharing!!

      Delete