Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

No Cake? It's ok!

After the weigh-in last week I decided that I needed to really stay on plan and not go over my points because when we were in New York I ended up going way over and then I struggled to keep my eating under control.  I tried to make good choices and was pretty successful right up until the weekend, Sunday in fact, when things kind of fell apart.  We had two parties to go to this weekend (Congratulations to Bri, Happy Birthday to Dave) and both parties had cake.  At the first party I ate the cake, albeit a small piece, and counted the points.  I also noticed that my husband (who is not a big cake eater anyway) didn't eat cake.  He just said no.  I was dumbfounded... say no to cake?  Why?  Then I counted the points and realized that it really wasn't worth it.  A slice of store bought cake with frosting is 5 points.  Considering that I was really trying to stay on plan and not go over my points I was disappointed in myself.  I didn't think the cake was worth 5 points and so on Monday when offered cake I politely declined.  You know what?  I didn't die or anything!

So, how was your weekend?  Did you have any major challenges or successes?

1 comment:

  1. wow i applaud his saying 'no' to cake. i can't do it myself. but good for you for saying no the 2nd time around. cake is a sneaky thing :)

    ReplyDelete