Search This Blog

Monday, March 25, 2013

HALF MARATHON TRAINING UPDATE: Week 10 and Week 4

Last Sunday night I checked the weather for the next couple of days.  I was hoping to get out on Tuesday to attempt my 10 mile run that I couldn't finish.  The weather report for Tuesday was high winds and I figured that running 10 miles was going to be exhausting enough and I didn't need to add 20 mph winds on top of it. The report for Monday was pretty good so I laced up my Brooks Adrenalines and headed out on Monday morning.  It wasn't the prettiest or fastest 10 miles but I got them done.

Oshkosh Half Marathon Training Schedule
Funny how old race day photos keep making
it into my weekly recaps!
Monday:  Run, 4 miles, easy
Tuesday:  Cross train
Wednesday:  Run, 4 miles, easy
Thursday:  Strength train
Friday:  Run, 4 miles, easy
Saturday:  Run, 4 miles, easy
Sunday:  Rest

And here's how the week actually went:
Monday:  Run, 10 miles @ 10:27/mi
Tuesday:  Bike trainer, 30 minutes
Wednesday:  Run, 3.41 miles @ 10:26/mi
Thursday:  Bike trainer, 30 minutes & strength training
Friday:  Run, 6 miles @ 10:00/mi
Saturday:  Run, 4 miles @ 11:40 (ran the first 3 miles and walked the last mile)
Sunday:  Rest

Running with my Team Challenge teammates this weekend was amazing, as usual.  This season we have a large group from AbbVie training with us.  AbbVie is the company that makes Humira, which I take to treat my Crohn's.  I feel very fortunate to have had the opportunity to run with an AbbVie teammate this weekend and he told me that he spends all of his time trying to make my life (and everyone else who has Crohn's/Colitis) better (really, those were his words) and I was humbled.  Had I been running when he said that I probably would have fallen over!  I didn't think I could be more thankful for having the opportunity to train with Team Challenge and then I meet even more fabulous people.  Seriously, if you aren't training with a Team Challenge group right now - RUN (no pun intended) to get signed up.

If you're not interested in running how about donating to the cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment