Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Extra Encouragement

This week I had the great honor of taking a very special guest to my meeting with me.  My Mom and Dad were traveling through and spending the night here so Mom agreed to go with me to the meeting.  I asked Dad if he wanted to come but warned him it is generally a group of women.  He said all women?  Yep.  He said, no, I think I'll stay home.

So Mom went to the meeting and she got to meet some of my favorite people in the world and was surprised when there was only one celebration last night.  Mine.  For losing 128.2 pounds.  (It's really the .2 that makes it impressive, right?!)  I kinda thought I would hit the 125 mark but I didn't realize that I'd do it quite so spectacularly   My total loss this week was 4.4 pounds.  I honestly don't know how.

What a better way to hit a milestone like that but to have the extra encouragement from Mom and the fabulous Tuesday ladies.  I was especially touched (in case you hadn't noticed or you don't know my Mom, she's a hugger) that everyone rushed to give her hugs and welcome her to the room.  I can't think of a better way to celebrate than to have Mom and Dad here to celebrate with me and Dan.  Oh and to have home made pizza!  That's like a mega bonanza in my book.

PS 1 - The Trader Joe's whole wheat pizza dough is really pretty good.  Thanks for that tip Pat!
PS 2 - I'll update the pictures as soon as I get a new "I've lost 125 pounds!" picture taken... hopefully later today or this week.  :)

4 comments:

  1. yay congrats! 128.2lbs boggles my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teresa! To be honest with you it boggles my mind too. Though more so in the 'how did I let this happen kinda way'. Although I suppose I could ponder that thought forever and it's probably just more productive to think about all the things I can do now that I can and like to move.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Set up another milestone... Knock it down! Fantastic milestone! Not that all of them haven't been. You go Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow!!! Congrats Cuz. Can't wait to see the new Jen........Rick

    ReplyDelete