Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2011

Trick or Treat?

Image courtesy of halloweenclipart.com
Being on Weight Watchers makes me nervous around Halloween.  Not because I don't enjoy the constant door bell ringing followed by the dogs barking like they've never seen another living soul but because I can't buy the appropriate amount of candy.  In years past I would buy bags of candy, sometimes even in the beginning of October (in the name of research cause you don't want to give out the duds!) and then of course I'd have to restock by the end of the month in time for the little wee ones to arrive (and be scared to death of the barking dogs).

This year after reading a magazine article that suggested this I've decided to go candy-less, or at least candy minimal.  Dan suggested I should buy one bag, though I haven't decided if I'll listen to him this time.  So, should you be wondering what I'll be handing out when the ghouls and goblins come a calling I've prepared a nice list... some of these I'm getting, some I'm considering but all of them are festive.  Not to mention I'll be a hit with all the neighborhood Moms.  That was sarcasm which makes more sense if you knew that metal kazoos were on the original list I read.  You can get 'em at kazoos.com for $2 but I'm cheap and refuse to spend that much money on kids I don't know.  Interestingly, I went to that website (again, in the name of research) and was surprised to find how many different kids of kazoos there are.  Anyway, still not spending that much on kids I don't know.

(Caution:  Some of these are apparently not suitable for children under 3 years old - or so I read)
 * Temporary Tattoos or Friendly Frights Kids Tattoos
 * Plastic Spider Rings
 * Halloween Activity Pads
 * Halloween Pencils (cause you can't have an activity pad without a pencil!)
 * Halloween Erasers (see above reason)
 * Halloween Silly Bandz
 * The mega assortment of lots of the above
 * The girl themed mega assortment

What are your plans for Halloween?  Are you stocking up on bags and bags of candy?  Do you buy candy that you don't like to eat so you won't be tempted?  What are your tricks and treats to deal with this sugar laced holiday?

2 comments:

  1. i have two giant costco bags of candy and we usually have at on left over so i take it into work to get rid of it. i could see some of those non- candy things being well received. i remember really liking kewl erasers and stickers when i was a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well then I'll be a hit with the kiddos! :)

    ReplyDelete