Search This Blog

Friday, October 7, 2011

New Goals and a Contest

A few weeks ago when I went to my meeting my leader discreetly gave me a piece of paper.  I didn't even realize what it was until I started reading it.  Weight Watchers holds a contest to find it's most inspiring members and gives out prizes.  This year it's a trip to New York City, $5K cash, and a styling session with Tim Gunn.  Seriously, the cash would be fun, a trip would be awesome but a styling session scares the crap out of me.  Anyway... to enter this contest you had to provide some information, including before/now photos, an essay and your weight record including your goal weight.

Uh... what?

Yep, when I joined WW I never set my ultimate goal.  I kind of knew in my head that if I stuck with it that I wanted to be in my weight range based on my height because then you get to be a Lifetime member and don't have to pay for meetings anymore.  I never really thought about it anymore than that though because I knew it was a pretty long ways off.  Except, now that I wanted to enter this contest I had to decide.  So, Karen and I looked at the weight ranges for my height (and yes I've gotten shorter since I was in high school.  Blech) and I decided to shoot for something in the middle... so my goal... to weigh 148 pounds.  I realize that sounds like a funny number but it's well within the range so that even if I gain/lose a little bit I'm within my healthy weight range.

I'm not putting any other conditions on it.  Not I'll weigh 148 pounds by X date.  Nope.  I don't care when I do it, I just want to hit my goal.  That and I want to do more races (more about that later).  There, now I've blogged it so it has to come/be true, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment