Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Glorious Numbers

Tracking what I eat and how much activity I get (I still am not sure that what I do can be considered working out?) means that I have a lot of data from the past year to look at.  So, I thought I'd give you some numbers today.

The first number is TWO  (For those who just inserted The Count  from Sesame Street saying ah ah ah, ONE bonus point for you) which is the number of 5Ks I've participated in, so far.  The first 5K in Eagle River, WI I finished in 57 minutes and 41 seconds and the second in McHenry, IL I finished in 55 minutes and 3 seconds.  I have three more races coming up this fall so if anyone wants to join me, post a comment and I'll send you more info.  I'm doing one in Chicago, one in Crystal Lake. IL and one in Oshkosh, WI.

ONE.  The number of dogs I will take walking with me at any one time.  I took both of them once and they literally had their leashes wrapped around me and I fell down.  A bunch of other bad stuff happened on that walk (some of which is funny now) so I like to think I've learned my lesson.

I've lost ELEVEN points since we started the Points Plus program.  As you lose weight you lose points so this is a good thing but sometimes I'm dumbstruck by how far I've come..

EIGHT is the number of huge bags full of clothes that have gone off to Goodwill so that I can't slide back into bad habits and bigger sizes.  I've kept one pair of pants so I can take an 'after' photo but that's it.  I even broke down and donated some dresses (yes, actual dresses!) that had sentimental value.

For my next race I will walk 5.5 miles.  On October 23 I am walking in the Title 9K.  I'm excited and nervous about it all at the same time.  The follow-up stat to that is likely 1 (number of beers I will drink at Revolution Brewing after the race) and about 52 (number of glasses of water or iced tea I will also consume).

Since I started "training" and tracking activity in May I've walked 182 miles.  According to the software that I use this amounts to more than 25,000 calories burned.  Yeah, it's gonna take me awhile to get used to that number all the while it will be climbing as I tackle more activities.

1 comment: