Search This Blog

Friday, October 29, 2010

2 Point Chili

Two Point Chili
WW PointsPlus per serving:  3

My Weight Watchers leader shared a recipe for 1 point chili recently.  I was able to twist Sheri's arm into having her mom make it for our scrapbooking weekend.  Judy (Sheri's mom) is pretty awesome in the kitchen, I have to say, because she also made the Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate drizzle for me us.  Anyway... I told Sheri that I loved the chili and that Dan (who is particular about his food) loved it almost as much as I had.  She said she wasn't entirely happy with it because she likes her chili to be chunkier.  This got me to thinking ... and playing around in the recipe builder on the WW eTools.  The 1 point per cup chili has now become 2 points per cup chili.  What do you think?

56 oz. canned crushed tomatoes
2 medium zucchini, diced
2 medium yellow squash
30 oz. fat-free beef broth
3 large stalks celery, diced
30 oz. canned black beans, rinsed and drained
2 large green peppers, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
2 medium vidalia onions, diced
20 oz. Turkey, 93% lean, cooked
15 oz. kidney beans, rinsed and drained
15 oz. Cannellini (white) beans, rinsed and drained

Chili Powder, Cumin, and Garlic Powder to taste (or use a packet of chili seasoning)

Once you've got the turkey browned, throw everything in the crockpot and cook it until the vegetables are at the right tenderness for you.  High for about 4-5 hours is good, if you put it on low it can go much longer since the turkey is already cooked it's perfectly fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment