Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

New Goals

As much as I was trying to just be calm about my goal weight through half marathon training it was still bothering me.  I feel like I've been struggling through the last 5 pounds for MONTHS.  I know... boo hoo for me, right?  Well, I went to see my doctor to try to figure out what I should be aiming for but it turns out that it's not quite as black and white as I was hoping.  In fact, it could not be more gray.  My doctor agreed that the goal weight (based on my height) was going to be a struggle given because that weight range doesn't take some things into consideration (e.g. bone structure).  Ultimately, we decided to change my goal weight (yeah, closer!) and yet I felt let down when I left the doctor's office.

My new goal puts me 6.2 pounds away from goal but based on how much I've struggled over the past couple of months it still feels like it is so far away.  I am trying to wrap my head around how to lose another 6.2 pounds... given the struggle from the last 8 weeks it does seem impossible but I am going to give it my best shot and see what happens.

1 comment: