Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Vacation + Weight Watchers = ????

When I know I'm going to be out of internet service area (really, there is such a thing) one of my first thoughts is that I need to grab a PointsPlus tracker from my next WW meeting.  This weekend was no exception.  We were planning on being in Wisconsin for several days and we have spotty and slow internet service up there.  The paper tracker is a must for me when I'm away and it kept me on plan again this weekend.  It has those great check boxes to remind me to get in my good health guidelines.  The best part was that throughout the entire weekend I never really felt like I was depriving myself of anything.  We went out to dinner with family on Saturday night and I had a beer (seriously, I love the Pudgy Possum Porter) and a sandwich with sweet potato fries.  We went out to dinner on Sunday and I had broiled walleye with a baked potato.  The best part was that I felt really satisfied and I think for the first time I didn't freak out about how many points I was using or what I'd order that would be the healthiest/lowest PointsPlus choice.  (I just realized that as I was typing that sentence.  How cool is that?)

In addition to tracking we were able to get in some good activity.  We took the dogs on a 3 mile walk/hike but wow, Wisconsin is a lot hillier than I remember!!  We also did some kayaking which was awesome but left me a little sore the next day.  We even got in a little bit of fishing.  All in all, it was a successful trip.  Plus, I lost a half a pound this week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment