Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Planning helps...

This past weekend was spent at a hotel for a scrapbook retreat.  In the past this has usually spelled disaster for me at the scale.  Spending time in a hotel, eating out for most meals, and snacking... oh the snacking.  I planned to be prepared this time so that I couldn't use the "I had to eat what was there" excuse.  I baked egg cups (egg beaters with peppers, mushrooms and hot sauce) and packed bread, egg salad, greek yogurt, fruit, clif bars (in case of emergency) and one serving of graham crackers.  When I saw the assortment at the hotel breakfast I was relieved that I had my portion controlled and PointsPlus friendly breakfasts!

The other meals were so-so.  I tried to eat on plan and continue to hydrate but somewhere I went wrong.  I actually felt dehydrated for much of the weekend, regardless of how much water I kept drinking.  I also knew about the change in the amount(s) of protein that I was eating because I also felt hungry.  I'm not entirely sure if that was related to the dehydration or the fact that I was actually hungry.  At this point I still feel hungry - like I'm trying to catch up but I can't.  So I'm really trying to focus on good amounts of protein with all my meals and snacks.

The scale apparently didn't like somethings that I did but at least it wasn't worse.  I gained this week and was, again, reminded that perhaps the weight loss portion of my journey is over.  Two of my friends at the retreat were asking about my goal weight and if I'd reached it.  When I told them I hadn't they were surprised and told me they thought that the extra skin was making up the remainder of the amount of weight I need to lose.  I don't think that I am going to stop trying to lose weight.  Part of me REALLY wants to be in the healthy BMI range... though part of me knows that might never happen.

What did you do this weekend?  Do you normally pack your own food to take with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment