Search This Blog

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thankful Things Thursday: Vegetables, Friends & Bike

Happy Thursday everyone!  These summer weeks really seem to fly by don't they?  Well, it being Thursday means we're one day closer to the weekend and that it's time to put our thankful pants because it's THANKFUL THINGS THURSDAY!!!  If you're not familiar click on that link and it'll get you up to speed.  I don't generally make a long list just a few things that stick out in my mind that I am thankful for.  So, let's get started, shall we?

I've posted about it before and it started last week for this season but it always makes me unbelievably thankful - our CSA box.  CSA is short for Community Supported Agriculture for those who are not familiar. Essentially you buy a "share" of a farm and in return they provide you a box full of whatever is ready at that time of the year.  In our box last week:  broccoli, basil, swiss chard, arugula, spinach, lettuce, baby turnips and a squash/zucchini (I don't remember.  I found a great recipe on the Weight Watchers site for how to prepare Swiss Chard Au Gratin and Dan and I both LOVED it so much we were trying to think of other things we could Au Gratin with... I can't wait to make it again.  Our CSA comes from Angelic Organics and I think they still have shares available if you're interested.  They have drop off sites all over the Chicago area.

The next thing I'm thankful for is all the new blogger/social media friends I've made over the past few weeks. I recently learned that I am a new FitFluential Ambassador and that has introduced me to so many new people.  They are wonderfully supportive and funny and I love having the extra support when things get a little rocky.  Thanks new friends!  :)

It may sound cheesy but I'm also really thankful for my new bike.  I've taken her out nearly every day since I've gotten her and I'm in love.  Biking is fun and seems a little cooler than running on those mornings when the heat is stifling.  It's also nice because I have a little water bottle holder on the frame so I can hydrate mid-ride without actually having to carry the bottle (my beef with running - I know this is obviously a first world problem).

Anyway - what are you thankful for today?  Did you get a new bike?  A great new recipe?  Did you sign up for a CSA yet?  If so, what do you think of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment