Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2012

New Wheels

Isn't she pretty?!  There is pink on the grips
so clearly she's a girl!  For those of you who
gasped because I have pink on my bike -
the rest of her is matte black. 
I got some sweet new wheels on Saturday and I am so freakin' excited I can't even tell you!  I mentioned last week that I was checking out a few different models and when I went in on Saturday I test rode 3 bikes.  I'm a pretty firm believer in the "you'll know it when you" mentality and when I got on this bike I was in love.  The seat felt comfortable, the handlebars comfortable and shifting was easy.  Even on the bumps the seat felt comfortable!  I had sort of convinced myself that I would need to buy a new seat because whatever came standard wouldn't be comfortable so I was pleasantly surprised.  We brought my new baby home and made a few adjustments to the seat (it was pretty low) and then I convinced Dan to go out for a few miles.  We logged just under 6 miles and got home just as the rain was coming.  PHEW!!  I'm excited to take her out again soon...

On Tuesday we're heading to a very special dinner so I'm going to miss my regular Weight Watchers meeting so while I was out and about today I stopped at the Weight Watchers center in Crystal Lake for a weigh-in. I'm usually pretty careful on weigh-in days to stop eating/drinking for awhile before my meeting but this was a little spontaneous today so I wasn't sure how it was going to go.  Apparently the change in activity and/or really following the program carefully has really worked because I lost another 2.6 pounds!  And a daily point.  Clearly that's craptastic (crap + fantastic = craptastic).  I suppose it's good news though?!

So, what about you?  Any new purchases over the weekend?  Make a really good fruit salad (I did!)? Take an extra long workout?  Thoughts on what I should name my new bike?

3 comments:

  1. Love the pink grips!
    My new purchase on the weekend (well, finalized purchase as I ordered it 2 weeks ago) was a Cannondale Supersix road bike (picture of it on my blog), it's pretty much sex on wheels.. just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have a specialized too! it's lasted me at least 10yrs, good luck with yours! take advantage of any local trails and the weather!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want a bike trip try the Elroy Sparta Trail in WI. There are three old train tunnel you have to walk and its only 32 miles with 7 percent grade max. Happy trails!

    ReplyDelete