Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Following the Plan

Last week was a bit of a mental mess for me.  My weigh-in was disappointing and I was pissy about that.  That attitude stayed with me more days than it should have to the point that Mom called me out about not posting a Thankful Things Thursday.  Yeah, it was a bad week.  But, I followed the Weight Watchers plan the way it's prescribed, mostly.  Several months ago my friend, Jen (clearly we were destined to be friends what with having the same name and all) and I had decided that as our daily points target got lower that it would be ok if we went over by 2 points (for the oil).  So, that's what I did last week.  I worked out until I couldn't anymore (62 activity points) and ended up taking yesterday and today a rest days.  My result?  A 4 pound loss.

Ok, so if you just follow the program you lose weight.  (face meet palm)  I realize this is a no brainer but sometimes, apparently, I need reminding!  I'm happy with the loss and will continue being careful with the "free" fruit because that's what I suspect was my downfall.  After all, I did eat an entire water melon (almost entirely by myself) in about a day and a half.  Clearly, that can't be tremendously healthy.  So, that's what I learned this week.

Oh, and I like to bike.  Even though it hurt a little.  More on that later.

And here's a completely unrelated non-scale victory I had today... you know you have a friend who has an absolutely gorgeous ring, be it wedding, engagement, etc... and also teeny tiny fingers?  My friend has an engagement ring that is to die for and during the meeting I asked if I could see it (though I've seen it plenty of times) and I remarked how teeny tiny her finger was and then I slipped it on my finger.  And it fit.  No pushing/pulling to get it on/off, it just fit.  And I felt super proud that apparently I also have teeny tiny little fingers now too instead of great big sausage like fingers that I used to have.

How about you - have you head any non-scale victories this week?  If so, share!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go!

    My victories for this week = Getting out of bed at 0500 consistently, because it's too hot to run in the evening now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on that one! While I don't get up at 5 am I have set my alarm for much earlier than I would like to be up on the weekend just to try to get in a workout before the heat/humidity kill me. Luckily, my husband took pity on me on Saturday and brought me water while I was out on a run. Then he (on his bike) stayed with me until I'd completed the running intervals of my workout.

      Delete