Search This Blog

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Thankful Things Thursday

I didn't forget about Thankful Things Thursday - I've been making a little list all week long when I have 'oh man thank goodness I have this thing' moment.  If you aren't familiar go to this Thankful Things Thursday post where I explain all about it.  So, without further chatting here we go...

1)  I am so thankful that we have friends like Sheri and Bob.  Last night we had the most amazing dinner with them and we laughed until my cheeks hurt.  They made this fantastic gumbo recipe (I have already requested said recipe and will likely be making it and then blogging about it!!) which was perfect because the weather was a little overcast yesterday and it was a great comforting, spicy dish.  YUM.

2)  The other day I wanted a snack but also needed to get some dairy in for the day.  I grabbed a container of yogurt and some fresh blueberries.  It was such a great combination and I love it but sometimes forget how much I love it.  In fact, I'm planning on having it today.

3)  I am currently loving all the Pandora stations especially the cardio/workout themed ones.  I was really getting tired of my playlist but realized that a lot of the music I own isn't really all that upbeat so it doesn't motivate me to push myself during a workout.  The Pandora stations have and I usually only end up with one or two commercials during the hour that I listen.

4)  After working up a fabulous sweat (seriously can someone explain to me why when it's 20 degrees outside I am as sweaty as I am if it's 90 degrees outside?) I love jumping into a nice hot shower. There just isn't anything better than cooling down a little bit (or really warming up I suppose!) and then hitting the shower.

5)  This week, again, I had to use my "snow chains" (as Dan and I refer to them) for my shoes.  For my birthday my mother-in-law bought me a pair of Ice Trekkers.  I've worn them in Northern Wisconsin where there was a ton of snow and I've worn them down here where the ice was the bigger problem.  I loved wearing them in WI but down here I'm not crazy about them. After a few miles I can tell that stride changes slightly since the "snow chains" are actually hitting the pavement/sidewalk instead of sinking into the snow   They do work tremendously well and I can appreciate that and the fact that I haven't fallen down (knock on wood) yet so I'll continue wearing them.

So, now tell me, what are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment