Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I'm as confused as everyone else

The end of January I stopped working out because of franken finger (which has healed nicely and the lack of finger prints will surely lead me to a life of crime now).  Then in the beginning of February the weather was nice, the walking path was mostly clear short of a couple of spots with some snow on them and I was itching to get outside.  The first week of February I logged 16 miles and the second week of February I logged a measly 8 miles, due mostly to some really confusing and intensive homework that needed to be done.  The good news is that I finally understand how to convert a dotted decimal address into binary but that's a whole different subject.  Anyway, when I stepped on the scale today I was shocked.  So was my leader.  The scale said I lost 4.2 pounds.

Um... wha?????  So... ok that was good.  The only thing I can surmise is that the working out takes a week to catch up?  If you have other ideas I'd love to hear them so hit me up in the comments with your thoughts.

Our discussion topic today was how to navigate restaurant menus.  There are obviously words to avoid (tempura, fried, buffalo, etc...) but there were also some really great ideas thrown out during the meeting.  Diane suggested ordering a baked potato with a side of salsa or pico de gallo.  Oh my gosh, doesn't that sound so yumalicious?  I'm totally going to do that next time we go out to eat!  Another idea is when you're ordering breakfast ask for poached eggs and dry toast.  Poached eggs are cooked in water so there's no chance of dumping a cup of oil onto the griddle with them.  Now I want to go out to eat just to use some of the suggestions that were passed along.

So what do you guys do when you eat out?  Do you ask that your food be prepared in a special way?  Do you just wing it and see what happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment