Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thankful Things Thursday

One of my favorite bloggers, Ali, writes a post every Thursday called Thankful Things Thursday.  I love reading Ali's blog for a few reasons, one because she has Crohn's (me too!), because she runs (I'm trying!), she's funny (well, I'll let you judge on that one) and she loves dogs (I definitely do).  Ali also started the Thankful Things Thursday posts that I've seen a couple of my other favorite bloggers adopt and they always make me happy no matter what is going on.  So here we go.

I'm thankful for:


  1. Wicking clothes.  I was out for a very sweaty and cold (I don't know how that works exactly) walk/run this morning with Tucker when the wind picked up on our way home.  I was glad that my clothes were wicking because otherwise that would have been brutally cold.  My hat just thinsulate, which is terribly warm but when my head sweats it's bad news bears.  At least that only happens on my head.
  2. The patience my husband has when I start to freak out about converting dotted decimal to binary and calculating subnetting.  He reminds me that things will be fine and even if I get a bad grade in the class it is not the end of the world (I don't necessarily believe him).
  3. Speaking of class I'm thankful that I finally understand how to convert dotted decimal to binary.  Converting to hex is a whole other story.
  4. Gummy vitamins.  Seriously, I really love them especially the sour ones.  They make it enjoyable to have to take pills.  After having to take a lot of pills during my early Crohn's days I am hesitant to like to take any pills long term but these are awesome.  If you haven't tried them you really ought to.
  5. After getting home from my walk/run this morning (3.1 miles walking, 0.7 miles running) and I sync'd my Garmin Forerunner to my computer and started to look at my stats I realized how thankful I am to have that to keep me on pace.  It encourages me to keep trying harder and pushing myself farther.
So, what are you thankful for?  Let's hear it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment