Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Frozen Cherries vs. Cherry M&M's

Our February weather has been unseasonably warm.  Especially since the weather folk predicted this was going to be our worst winter ever.  Frankly, I'm a little disappointed in our lack of snow but at least I used the time to my advantage.  As you may recall one of my 2012 goals was to log 700 miles this year.  Well January was disappointing due to illness, frankenfinger and weather.  So I'm hoping to make up some of my missed mileage in February.  As of Sunday's walk I hit my goal for February so the rest of the month is just bonus!  I'm pretty excited about that.

On another exciting topic - or it is to me (and Jen B) at least.  I had a conversation with my friend Jen via text that went something like this:
me to Jen B:  Ran out of frozen cherries for my oatmeal this morning.  Have bag of cherry flavored M&M's in pantry.  Should be same points value, no?
Jen B. to me:  Totally the same.  Love it  
Later that day:
me to Jen B.:  Bought real frozen cherries for oatmeal in the morning.  So excited.  Seriously?  Fruit gets me excited?  Who the hell* am I?
Jen B. to me:  I feel the same way!  I heart cantaloupe! 
* some words were changed to protect the innocent eyes of my readers (clearly it's all about you guys!)

So this either proves that you really can retrain  your brain and taste buds to crave things that can be good for you or that Jen B. and I are both a little bit crazy.  Or both.  In all honesty though I had to make oatmeal with frozen peaches this morning which are as equally delicious but there is something about big frozen cherries, a touch of cinnamon and 1/2 t. of vanilla in my oatmeal that is just so tasty and satisfying to me.

Do you find yourself craving things that you weren't before?

No comments:

Post a Comment