Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Balsamic Tomato Salad

Balsamic Tomato Salad
WW PointsPlus per serving: 1
Makes 2 servings

This is my new favorite snack.  A few weeks ago I had a bag of cherry tomatoes that were very close to spoiling.  I knew I could cut them up and put them on a salad but that I'd probably end up throwing a bunch of them away.  So, I pulled out an old recipe and modified it a little bit to shake things up.  I use the cherry tomatoes that come in a little red bag, which is probably about 3 cups.

1 bag cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered (your preference)
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
1 t. olive oil
2 t. balsamic vinegar
1/2 t. basil
salt & pepper to taste

This recipe is so easy because all you do is chop the stuff up and then mix it all together.
We've had it on top of Wasa crackers (2 light rye crackers = 1 point) so you can have a pretty good sized snack for minimal points.  I made this on Easter to take to my in-law's house for lunch and my mother-in-law said she used it on a salad the next day as the dressing.  This recipe is so easy to make and it's great as a snack or a side dish.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment