Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Well alrighty then

I know that the weigh-in at the WW meeting is the be all end all for me as far as weigh ins go.  However, that doesn't stop me from stepping on the scale in the morning to check to see how things are progressing.  Though regardless of what the scale at home says I do not change my eating or activity level, it's purely for reference.  So when I stepped on the scale this week I started to go a little nutty because the scale kept saying I had gained weight.  Normally, I know when I'm going to gain based on what I've eaten and how much I have (or haven't) worked out.  This week was different, I'd had a really good week activity wise racking up 30+ activity points and only using 2 of them and not using any of my weekly points allowance.  Insert the nuttiness of getting on the scale and seeing the number go up.

Seriously?  What the <insert your favorite expletive here, I know I did>?

Needless to say I wasn't really looking forward to having a weigh-in today but I was super excited to go to my meeting.  My regular leader, Karen, had been out for a few weeks and today was her first day back and I was super excited to see her.  Karen has a level of enthusiasm that I really crave because she can turn any situation into something positive and she really looks for ways to incorporate members into the meetings so it's not all preachy.  Karen has also been instilling things in us to reinforce what we practice on the WW plan.  Karen has taught to learn from the poor choices that I've made but to not beat myself up.  That is so important in my journey so I missed her while she was gone.  Anyway, I was so excited to see Karen again that when I got on the scale today I had forgotten to look at the weight tracker for last week so I wasn't entirely sure what my number was but I was pretty sure that I lost weight.

Boy oh boy was I right!  3.4 pounds!!

Plus, hold on to your pants kids... I've lost a total of 90.8 pounds!  I guess I really made up for my measly loss last week!

So, how do you prevent yourself from getting nutty about weight?  One lady at my meeting told me that she literally threw away her scale.  I'm not sure that I'm ready for something like that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment