Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Activity? It works. Who'd have guessed

I got to my regular Tuesday WW meeting yesterday which was a breath of fresh air.  I love the ladies at that meeting because they are so inspiring and supportive.  I was super excited to be able to share with them my walk on Sunday and they were excited and asked me lots of questions about how I felt during the walk.  This was exactly what I needed and I was so happy to see them.

My weigh-in went well and I was really happy when I realized I lost another 2.8 pounds which is awesome though slightly unexpected.  I knew I'd lost weight but I wasn't sure how the scale would react.  Especially with the increased activity I worried that it would register a gain due to muscle.  Luckily, I suppose, it didn't though I can feel in my legs the difference that the walking has made.

I also wanted to mention that about a month ago I went to the New Balance store and they measured my feet and I got new shoes.  Initially I didn't like them because they were a little bigger than I'd normally buy however, after having walked in them for a few weeks now I have to say these were a good investment.  Prior to getting the new shoes I'd been having some problems with pain across the top of my foot.  I wasn't sure if it was because of all the walking that I'd started doing but then my knees started to hurt too and I wanted to take care of that before it got really bad.  So, I made the trip to the NB store.  The shoes were expensive but my feet and knees are feeling really good so that is awesome.  The reason I mention this is that if you're going to increase your activity - make sure you have the right gear.

Do you have any special gear that you absolutely cannot live without?

1 comment:

  1. Merrell shoes. WORTH. EVERY. PENNY.

    ReplyDelete