Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A new apprecation for latte

Last week I went to the fitness center in our Community Center for the first time in the 4+ years that we've lived here.  I always knew it was there but we have a treadmill at home so between walking outside, walking on the treadmill or doing a fitness DVD (my favorite is the yoga DVD by Bethenny Frankel) I never really had a desire to go to the fitness center.  Apparently I didn't even realize how much fun I would have at the fitness center.  There are nautilus machines (most of which I don't know how to use) and a whole lot of cardio machines that will make your head spin.  I've found that I really enjoy the recumbant elliptical though I'm trying to work up some endurance on the regular elliptical.  I've been trying out the nautilus equipment a little at a time as well.

This weigh in this week was nothing special in fact I gained 0.8 pounds.  I knew that a gain was coming because my history says that usually about every 4-5 weeks I gain weight.  Plus, I knew I'd been eating like crazy last week.  In fact, I even ate half of the activity points I earned last week.  Anyway, I knew it was coming and it was slightly disappointing but expected.  So, moving on...

At the meeting we were talking about places that we liked to go when we decided to dine out.  There were a lot of great restaurants put out there like Panera Bread, Diced (one of my favorites thanks to my friend Judy), Panda Express (they apparently have healthy options).  I said Starbuck's because I love me a nice Skinny Cinnamon Dulce Latte or a Skinny Vanilla Latte.  At which point Karen mentioned that the latte satisfied the good health guidelines for dairy.  Uh... hold the phone... what?  Yes, it's true, it contains about 1 1/2 cups of milk which is more then enough to satisfy the daily requirements.  Oh hells yes!  I will never again think twice about the latte again knowing that it helps me get in one of the good health guidelines that I so often forget about.

What about you?  Have you found out that your favorite indulgence is really good for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment