Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

New job + new schedule = blech weigh in

I started my new job this week which means I've been commuting into the loop every day.  I've been driving to Rosemont and hopping on the EL, one of my favorite modes of public transit.  This means I've got a pretty long commute and since my day ends somewhere between 5 and 5:30 I don't usually get back home until 7 pm or later.  So working out was not a high priority this week and that was pretty apparent when I got on the scale.  It was either that or the fact that we partied like rock stars last week to celebrate St. Patrick's Day/my last day at Allstate.  Either way, when the scale registered +1.4 pounds I wasn't surprised.  Disappointed, yes, but surprised no. 

My leader talked about this during the meeting and that when we gain it is an opportunity to learn what worked and what didn't work on our weight loss journey.  Clearly, the combination of eating/drinking/not working out is not working.  I know that for the next week or so the workouts will be fewer and farther between.  So I'll be much more vigilant about eating well.  I knew this transition period would be tough and I was kind of prepared for it.  I know that it won't be the last time the scale goes up rather than down it's just encouragement for me to work harder to get it to go back down.  This might not be as motivating as it should be but it's what I've got right now.  :)

When the scale registers a gain, do you:
1)  Get discouraged
2)  Get re-energized to work harder
3)  Give up

How about we all do #2 together?  What do you say?

No comments:

Post a Comment