Search This Blog

Sunday, March 27, 2011

13 minutes is the curse

I've been alternating the length of my workouts trying to get used to the longer times but no matter how much I prepare myself the same thing always happens.  Around minute 13 I start to second guess how long I really want to go.  Maybe just 30 minutes instead of 45 or 45 minutes instead of 60?  Ultimately when I hit the 20 minute mark I've gotten into the groove and past the part where I've started sweating and feel a little looser so I might as well just rock it out.  Today I was on the treadmill for 60 minutes but I stopped twice in the middle (at minutes 15 and 30) to stretch because my back was bothering me.  My right hip also started to hurt towards the end the same way it hurt when I went to Jazzercise with Brenda.  Even still I kept going.   Mostly because the protein shake makes the sweat and any pain totally worth it!
WW Points value = 2
To make this shake I used 1 banana, 1 handful of ice, 1 WW shake packet, and 1 c. skim milk.

I used my last packet of Caramel Latte shake mix this morning so I really hope that my WW meeting location will order some more because that is the goody goods.


What motivates you to persevere through long workouts?  How do you prepare?  How do you reward yourself?

No comments:

Post a Comment