Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A (New) coat ... and a funny story

I write this blog post because I think that you laugh at my funny little stories as much as I do.  So, first let me say that I was feeling a little inspired today.  I was feeling good, even though weigh-in wasn't great yesterday.  So, when I got out of the shower this morning and looked in the mirror I laughed at myself.  See, about 6 years ago I had an appendectomy because my appendix had ruptured and I had an open appendectomy which resulted in a scar that was about 9 inches long.  I remember this because my sister-in-law had c-section around the same time and we were comparing scars.  But I digress...  Today I noticed that my scar had moved, it appeared that it is now closer to my belly button.  I mean, I knew I was losing weight but the fact that my scar would move was never a thought that would have crossed my mind.  At this point, I literally laughed out loud.  So did my friend Sheri and my mom when I told them.

A little while later I was putting something in the coat closet downstairs where I've had a coat hanging, literally, since we moved here nearly 4 years ago.  The problem is, I haven't worn the coat in probably 5-7 years but I loved it.  It's this really pretty red with black *fur* cuffs and hood.  I think I only wore it for one season and I paid a lot of money for it when I wasn't making a lot of money which is why I kept it. 

Today I decided I wanted to put it on.  And it fit.  My day got better that at point!

No comments:

Post a Comment