Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Happy Birthday ... but not really

If you know me, and let's face it, if you're reading this you probably know me or know someone who knows me.  Anyway, today is my birthday.  There are two days in my life that I like to thank my parents for having sex, today is one of them.  It usually makes my dad roll his eyes and my mom just laughs.  Anyway... today is my birthday but am committed to my weight loss so I went to weigh-in (+0.6).  Then we went out for dinner.

We went out with some friends of ours to a place that we used to go to at least once a week.  I mention this because I've heard a question over and over again, 'does anyone not know why they are in WW?'  Yeah, the frequency with which we dined at this particular restaurant is certainly one of the reasons.  This place has an amazing beer menu which is why we love it.  The food menu is good, don't get me wrong, but we go for the beer.

Apparently, in the 4 months that I've been doing WW my system has gotten used to not having quite so much fat.  I had spinach-artichoke dip with pita bread as an appetizer and grilled mahi mahi with chili lime rice and asparagus as my entree.  Within an hour after finishing the meal I had visited the bathroom twice.  And the beer is still with me.  Then my husband and I have this little exchange (when we get home):

ME:  If you have to go to the bathroom twice for #2 within an hour of eating do you still have to count points?
D:  Probably only half.
ME:  Holy crap batman.
My friend (via text message as I replayed this exchange for her):  No shit.

My friends and family are hilarious.  At least I think so.
Have a great week peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment