Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2010

I missed a weigh in

So last week I was in Madison with my Mom and Dad while Dad had surgery.  When I got home I had fully intended on going to a meeting and weighing in.  Unfortunately by Wednesday afternoon and evening I had what was the beginning of a very nasty sinus infection.  I didn't end up going to a meeting or even weighing in last week, which was sort of disappointing.  Don't get me wrong, I don't dread the weigh-in... I just don't usually look forward to it.  Well, last week I would have traded my left arm to have gone to the weigh-in instead of having this stupid sinus infection.  Maybe not my left arm... but something for sure.

Anyway ... this week, even though I still felt a little crappy and I didn't have much of a voice I went to the WW location and weighed in.  It's not like I had to sing a song during weigh-in so I really didn't have an excuse!  =) So the receptionist finally got the computer to work and said oh great you lost 1.8 pounds and I was like... hmmm... yeah me.  I don't know why this sort of disappointed me but it did.  I know it was way better than it could have been but when I look back at my weight loss chart this, on average, should have been a pretty big loss week.  So, I wonder what happened.  Maybe the sinus infection/antibiotic took more of a toll than I thought?  Maybe my weight loss trend is changing again.

So then I was reading a blog by the CEO of WW and his plan for Christmas which got me thinking about what my plan would be for Christmas.  I'm hoping that I'll still be able to journal and that I do pretty well.  I'd like to put limits on what I eat but since we are not hosting that's not always practical.  Ideally, I'd be happy to truly enjoy the holidays and the parties we are going to without gaining any weight.  So I guess you'll have to stay tuned to see what I find out at my weigh-in next week!

I'm curious to know, are there any tips or tricks that you are using so you don't go cookie/treat crazy this weekend?  Merry Christmas peeps.  I hope you have fabulous holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment