Search This Blog

Friday, May 3, 2013

Product Review: Kona Kase

A whole lot of new things to try!
*Disclosure:  Kona Kase provided this delicious box of goodness to me for reviewing, but all opinions are my own.

I'll be the first to admit that I love trying new products but that I'm picky, both from a financial and PointsPlus perspective.  That's probably why I've never tried one of these subscription services before.  Recently I had the chance to try out a Kona Kase and I'm really glad that I did.

I'm sure you're wondering, what is a Kona Kase?  The description from their website says that Kona Kase is a subscription service delivering premium endurance nutrition samples right to your doorstep, monthly.  Each Kase has an assortment of premium endurance nutrition samples from gels to bars to granola and more.  Each box costs $15 and it ships for free.  Here's what was in my box and the PointsPlus value per item:

Barbara Llewellyn Cashews
Journey Savory Nutrition Sea Salt Bar - 3PP
Chia Seeds - 1PP
Justin's Honey Peanut Butter - 4PP
Milk Chocolate Caramel Cups - 6PP
SoyJoy Cranberry Bar - 3PP
Kind Almond Walnut Macadamia - 5PP
Rickland Orchards All Natural Greek Yogurt Cherry Almond Bar - 5PP
Zing Cashew Cranberry Orange Bar - 2PP
Zing Chocolate Coconut Bar - 2PP

Most of these products are new to me so I was excited to try them.  I added the chia seeds to my smoothie yesterday and I thought they added a little bit of a fruity taste.  I added them after I'd blended it (my mistake) so I got a lot of them stuck in my teeth which was annoying but the texture in my shake was good.  Dan and I each had a bite of both of the Zing bars last night for dessert.  I have to say - WOW!  Those little bars have a TON of flavor and for 2PP they were the perfect size/sweetness to satisfy my sweet tooth.  Dan loved the Cranberry Orange bar and I loved the Chocolate Coconut Bar - go figure!  I can't wait to try all the other goodies!

So, do you want to get your own Kona Kase?  Well, you can order now and get $5 off your first shipment!  Just use code FF2 during checkout.


No comments:

Post a Comment