Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Yep, it was temporary.

I mentioned last week that I had a huge weight loss and that some of it may come back.  Well, some of it did in fact come back this week and I knew in my head that might happen but it's still disappointing when you get on the scale and see the gain.  Ugh.  Nuts.  I gained 2.8 pounds this week and the thought I had as I was driving from my meeting location to the grocery store was ... well, it could have been much worse.

Thankfully the flu is gone and I've been training for the 5K that my sister and I are going to walk in May.  I registered for it on Wednesday night and Thursday night I started training.  However, because of the weather and because I want to maintain a consistent pace, for now, I've been walking on the treadmill.  On Thursday and Friday I walked approximately 2.5 mph for 30 minutes and walked approximately 1 mile (on Thursday) and 1.25 miles (on Friday).  Apparently on Thursday I had a little bit longer of a warm-up period so I stepped it up on Friday.  Saturday was a massive spring cleaning day for us so I considered that my work out, it certainly felt like one.  Sunday is God's rest day so I made it mine too!  Last night I walked 41 minutes at 2.5 mph and ran for 1 minute.  Yes, you read that correctly I ran for 1 minute.  I think I'd rather pull my eye out with a rusty fork than run but I did it. 

In the meantime I'd come across some recipes for Coconut Shrimp and Onion Rings that we tried and loved and I posted those over the weekend.  Honestly, both of these recipes made me feel like I was practically cheating on the plan though I knew that I wasn't.  They were welcome treats to mix up our dining routine without falling off the plan.  I hope you enjoy them.

No comments:

Post a Comment