Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Focus... wait, what was I saying?

Last week I had a pretty good weight loss so when I got on the scale this week I was constantly reminding myself that I need to accept whatever the scale said because the likelihood of having two big losses in two weeks is not tremendously likely, though it would be tremendously welcome in my weight loss journal!!

Anyway...I think I lost a little bit of focus this week.  It was easy to do and it's easy to make excuses.  I was busy with school work, work work, then I went on the scrapbook retreat and I had one sick dog.  Except, none of those things are the real reason that I didn't lose weight this week.  There is one simple reason, I lost focus.  I still ate pretty well but I didn't get much activity in and I really need to start doing that consistently.  Which is, ironically, the challenge from my leader this week is to get in more activity. 

So, what is your favorite activity?  What do you do so you won't get hurt or bored or disappointed?  Do you do different activities in the winter that you do in the other seasons?

2 comments:

  1. If your memory serves you well (and we are getting older and having a baby destroyed mine) you may remember how much I hate "organized" exercise...i.e. going to the gym. Love to be active, despise the gym. Guess what my awesome sister Mel got me into? And you may have to sit down after you laugh so hard you feel you may pass out: BALLET. And I am ADDICTED. It works your body in ways I never thought possible. And you feel so freaking awesome after doing it! I only have the luxury of 1.5 hours a week, but savor every second of it. Plus, you can impress your friends with how flexible you get and you get to wear cute little leotards, skirts, and tights! My goal is to get on pointe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW... I knew Mel was doing ballet but I didn't realize that it spread to the siblings! :) I'm not sure that I'd ever get into anything where leotards were involved but you're so right - it's all about what makes you move. Whether it be walking, biking, or ballet ... get the heart rate moving a little (or a lot) of sweat involved and the rest of the day feels like a good day.

    ReplyDelete