Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Weekly Points Allowance

Two weeks ago I blogged about not being able to stop eating but luckily that seems to have changed after the weigh-in.  What a relief!  Last week it was like someone flipped a switch in my brain or stomach to tell me that I could stop eating.  It was fortunate that happened because my sinuses acted up again last week and I almost never left the house.  Working from home certainly has its advantages especially when it comes to really paying attention to what you are eating.  I was able to really get in a lot of power foods which could have also helped with making me feel full.  The good thing I realized is that there are a lot of ways to get in your power foods because it isn't just all fruits and vegetables.  You can also have lean protein, fish (YUM!) and whole grains to round out a meal. 

Our leader gave us a new challenge this week.  The challenge is to use our weekly points allowance to indulge in things we wouldn't normally have.  She didn't mean that we should go overboard but that we can use our weekly points allowance so that it doesn't seem like a diet but rather a way that we can live.  Sounds easy enough!  With a scrapbook retreat coming up that shouldn't be that difficult.

How will you use your weekly points allowance or what do you indulge on?  How do you make sure that you don't go overboard?

No comments:

Post a Comment