Search This Blog

Friday, January 17, 2014

Convenience Eating

In the meeting this week we talked about whether convenience helped or hurt our weight loss efforts.  As the meeting begins the start question asks
Have you ever eaten something just because it was there? 
The scene from where I rode today
Exercise endorphin's > food
Ugh.... duh?  Yes, of course I have!  That's one of the reasons that I needed Weight Watchers to begin with!  Like me I'm sure you've walked into your office and someone had a candy jar on their desk or there were donuts in the break room/kitchen area that became a free for all, right?  Well, as I sat in my meeting on Tuesday I thought to myself that I was glad I didn't have those temptations any longer.  Until this morning when I realized that I do still have those temptations.  Except that I don't work in an office and the only person I can blame for those temptations is me!

I was working through some paperwork and trying to get some stuff ready for my upcoming meetings and couldn't stop snacking.  Granted, it was healthier than a box of donuts but it was still snacking.  I finally decided that I had to get out of the house!  I rode my fat bike for about an hour before getting cleaned up and running some errands.  I was glad to be in the car for most of the afternoon so that I was actually away from food.

Are you eating food just because it's there?  If not, how do you deal with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment