Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2012

Pile on the Miles

This post, while not entirely timely because normally I write my weigh-in post on Wednesday and today is Thursday but I probably won't send this out to the interwebs until Friday.  Gosh that seems really late but I think that the information is still important.  So, first off... weigh-in stuff.  The wheels kind of fell off the bus this week when I got on the scale and had a 4.4 pound gain.  Seriously - I know I ate bad after the race but I didn't realize I was out of control that much.  Oh well - I'm moving on from it because I know it's not about a single week but rather it is about the overall progress.  Also, last week alone I had 4 people tell me I looked good.  So I'm going to try to focus on that rather than the number that showed up on the scale.

Secondly, I've entered a little contest for the month of November called Pile on the Miles.  The contest, hosted by Monica, is to encourage participants to pile on miles in November rather than piling on pounds.  Seriously, this seems like a fabulous idea to me considering that with the colder temperatures I really just want to snuggle up in front of a fire rather than go out walking or running.  However, with the half marathon coming up and now this contest it seems like a fabulous way to keep up the training.  Mileage only counts if it is walking or running - no sneaking in biking miles - and reporting your miles is on the honor system.  So, you set your mileage goal for November and report in your miles by Monday and that's it!  My goal is 100 miles... I hadn't considered the taper as part of the month so that might be lofty but I think it's still good to have a goal.

Are you participating in #POTM (Pile on the Miles)?  Have you ever done a contest like this?  Were you successful?

5 comments:

  1. I am participating in this too although my mileage is only half of your goal. Good luck! And I had a slight gain on the scale this week too. Frustrating, but what are ya gonna do? You just gotta move on! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, you better respect the taper or I will send Coach Barbara after you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm participating too but since my taper was the first 2 weeks of November my number is not as high. I hope I can meet my goal but I have no idea how I will feel on Monday. I am hoping that I feel fine and can keep up with my training. Good luck! I know you will kick butt in this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked at my October mileage when setting a goal for November not even thinking about tapering...

      Oh well. A goal is a goal not something set in stone.

      Delete