Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

GUEST POST: Stephanie - If she can do it...

Hi Friends!  I count myself lucky to have become friends with Stephanie even though we were both competing in the Transformation Nation:  Million Dollar You contest earlier this year.  I think this post will show you why!  :)


The Wheels on the Bike Go Round and Round...

So, I build up the courage to finally attend a 1 hour spin class at the gym.  This class has been feared and talked of by many.  With quivering legs and heart already pounding, I climb aboard that dreaded machine.  On that stationary bike - my fate in the hands of an active duty Marine - surely a former drill instructor with the stories of his classes preceeding his entery into the inevitable torture chamber.  With the bark of his commands elevating loudly over the music I once enjoyed, I begin to peddle my legs as quickly as I can.  Peddling faster and faster, 4 turns of the knob, I suddently hear the noise of loosening bolts.  Within what must have been seconds, however, visioned in the slowest motion possible, the bike just flies forward and SMACK!  I've run in to the wall!  In one brief moment the bike is errect, me still on board - suddenly I topple to one side with a large thud I'm on the floor.  

This is the nightmare I did in fact have before attempting my first spin class at the gym.  Unfortunately, my dream was not too far off from reality!  No, the bike did not go flying in to the wall, but I surely wish it had!  My legs would then have some sort of feeling in them.  In the past 4 years I have completed 4 half marathons, 1 full marathon and train very hard currently for the next one of each.  I have completed a 30 day Sean T Instanity series.  I have labored two children.  NO TRAINING has compared to the muscle fatigue I incurred during my first spin class.  My behind certainly has a mind of its own - because I can hear it cussing me!  Will I be doing another one???  HECK YEAH!  I highly recommend anyone looking for that one amazingly empowered work out - go to a spin class!  If "I" can do it...

1 comment:

  1. Jen - thanks so much for allowing me to be part of your blog! Amazing both inside and out, you're a true inspiration to me! So much that I've started my own shiney new blog! teamtommytoday.org

    ReplyDelete