Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

And I bounced.

I knew when I left my meeting last week that losing 6 pounds was not like me.  I hadn't felt well for a couple of days and didn't even eat half of my daily points target.  So, I kind of knew/felt that the weigh in this week would be a gain.  So, when I stepped on the scale today at the meeting I wasn't surprised though I was disappointed.  I gained 4.4 pounds.  Ugh.

Luckily during the meeting we talked about ways to ensure that you're listening to your hunger signals.  One way, and I'd read this somewhere else recently, is by listening for the sigh.  You know when you're eating and you just sigh?  Well, that means you're satisfied.  Anything more than that and you'll very likely end up full.  Maybe too full!  I'm really going to listen for this while eating this week. 

Anyway, so today was a big day for a couple of friends of mine.  Gayle and Jen are two of my meeting friends and I adore them both.  Today, Gayle hit goal and starts her maintenance journey and Jen has lost 25 pounds.  I'm so beyond excited for them both! 

Congratulations Gayle and Jen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment