Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The next Team Challenge challenge

In the weeks since the half marathon I've been taking it a little easy work out wise.  Well, that apparently needs to stop because weigh in yesterday was not pleasant.  I had a couple of days where I went over my daily points target and the things that pushed me over were delicious but it really reaffirms that I need to be more active.  On that note, I noticed it started snowing yesterday for a little while with the big white fluffy flakes and so I changed clothes and I headed out for a run.  My original goal was 3-4 miles at a comfortable pace but the route I ran had me a little over 4 miles before I was home.  Since I was so close to 5 miles I took the long way home and ended up at 5.09 miles in 54:17 for a 10:34 pace (a really good pace for me, especially considering the distance).
Oh, how'd this half marathon photo
get into this post?  :)

I'm sure you're wondering what that has to do with the next Team Challenge challenge?  I'm going to be a mentor for the next half marathon season!  The team is training to run a half marathon in Chicago in June and I'll be there - running, cheering and making more new friends.  I am super excited, both to train with the team again and to run the race in Chicago.  I am REALLY looking forward to donning my Team Challenge singlet again to get another chance at running a half marathon.  I believe it'll also help me stay active over the spring/summer.  That's the goal at least!  

Would you consider training with Team Challenge?  You can!  I might even be your mentor!  Information sessions start in February and you can train for Chicago, Napa to Sonoma, Kona, Virginia Wine Country Half Marathon, Tri-Rock San Diego or Rock 'n Roll Edinburgh!  For those that aren't local to Chicago please considering joining a team in your area.  There are fabulous coaches and mentors (many who cheered me on in Vegas!) from all over the country.  Please check them out!

So, will you look for an information session?

No comments:

Post a Comment