Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Steven is even

My husband and I have said this to each other for almost as long as we've been in love.  One of us says I love you, the other says I love you more and then we both say nope, Steven is even.  Normally, this is very comforting to me because it's our little ritual.  It's less comforting when we're talking about weight loss. 

I know these weeks happen but c'mon, they are dumb.  I didn't lose even an ounce.  On the upside, I didn't gain an ounce either but it's still a little depressing.  Anyway...

This meeting topic of this week was how we feel about WW.  Do we see it as a diet or a life change.  I'd guess about 98% of the people in the room agreed with the leader when she said that they wished they would lose the weight really fast.  I was in the minority when I said I didn't.  I think it also surprised the leader when I said that I don't think of this as a diet.  I can't think of it as a diet. 

In my mind, a diet has a specific goal with a start date and an end date.  I don't want to lose a bunch of weight and then go back to life as 'normal'.  I really need this to be a lifelong change.  I know I've said this before I got married when we were following the Seattle Sutton program and I'm sure I said it before that too, but losing weight really sucks.  I really don't want to have to do this over and over and over again.  I'd love to be able to lose the weight and get to my goal weight and then maintain that weight.

So is it as simple as just thinking that way that makes it happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment