Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Fatties Unite Tonight

For those who know me, you know that I've dealt with weight issues my entire life.  When I was 15, my mom took me to a nutritionist and this started my roller coaster life with weight loss.  About 8 years ago I joined Weight Watchers, lost a bunch of weight and then for some reason that I can't remember I stopped.  I'm guessing it probably had something to do with a piece of pie.  Before we got married my husband and I started the Seattle Sutton program.  We both dropped a lot of weight before the big day but then, again, we stopped.  Unfortunately for us, we hadn't learned our lesson and we put the weight back on.

So, this brings us to July 2010 when my friend calls me as I'm on my way back from a weekend in Northern Wisconsin.  She said, I'm going to join Weight Watchers, do you want to join with me?  I thought about it for about 37 seconds and said, yes please.  Hoping this time would be a life changing experience because it wasn't tied to a date.  Never in the 37 seconds did I think, I want to lose 50 pounds by a given date or because of a given reason.  The only thought that passed through my mind in those 37 seconds was that I want to make this change so my knees stop hurting.  For good.

So, let's follow my journey and see if I learn anything.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment