Search This Blog

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Setting Goals

Whoo!  Two weeks in a row of posting?  I'm not gonna call it a comeback just yet...  HAHA!

So this week at the meeting (yes, I still go to meetings every week and find them to be the entire reason I am only 10 pounds over my goal weight rather than 50 or more) we talked about setting SMART goals.  You know SMART goals if you've ever worked in a corporate setting as that's how we went through our annual review process -- setting goals that are achievable, measurable have a time frame associated with them and most importantly they are realistic.

I don't think I've lost sight of my goals but maybe haven't quite made them quite as realistic and measurable as they need to be.  So, obviously I want to lose some weight and then get better at maintaining my goal weight.  How?  Well, these are the steps I'm taking now:

  1. We typically have a snack after dinner, for me it's a little more dessert than snack and I always work the SmartPoints into my plan early in the day to ensure I account for them.  However, we'd recently started also having second snack.  Well, no more second snack.
  2. I have a training plan for an upcoming November half marathon.  I've been pretty good about following it but not as good as I should be, meaning that I let some excuses get in my way of working out.  Regardless of what's going on I need to get out and work out.  Whether it's a walk, a 15 minute run or the prescribed workout. 
  3. This weekend is our annual Oktoberfest celebration.  We've hosted this party for ten years and while I struggle between a balance of enjoying myself a little too much or stressing out completely about hosting.  My goal this year is to just roll with it.  I also know that even if I gain next week that life will go on.
Making these changes this week resulted in a 1.4 pound loss.  Again, I won't call it a come back just yet but at least we're moving in the right direction.  

What SMART goal can you set for this week?

1 comment:

  1. I tried to comment and it retired out ...

    Moderation is my goal. Not too many points, not too few, and remember that indulgence doesn't mean using every weekly point in one setting!

    ReplyDelete