|My "I'm going to pose like I'm running" |
photo from last year
This year, I'm just going to run and not pose
However, no race would be complete without some goals, right? So... in no particular order:
1) I've started stalking the weather and it's changed from rain to sleet and snow. So, my first goal is just going to be to finish. Running in sleet or freezing rain for two hours is just not my idea of fun so finishing might be miraculous.
2) Start with the 2:15 pace group. This is who I started with last year but couldn't maintain the pace so I'd like to hang with them this year. If I can't hang with them the entire race I want to at least hang with them through the park - around mile 9-10, I think.
3) Relax. I tend to get all worked up the night before and morning of the race so I'd like to just run and have fun. That have fun part is going to be more difficult if there is sleet/freezing rain.
4) Fuel appropriately. My plan is to eat dates at the 3's (miles 3, 6, 9, 12) and drink some Nuun at this points, at least.
5) Stretch after the race. I usually don't feel like stretching after a half but my IT Band has been a little grumpy lately so I know that this will help me in the long run.
I know that all the hard work is done. So, now I just have to run 13.1 miles.
If you want to show me some love how about a tax deductible donation to my NEXT half marathon? Every single dollar helps! Donations can be made by visiting: