Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

SIXTY MILES!!!

How many miles do you think you could walk or run in 30 days?  Well, 31 days to be exact.  In late November I found out that my Garmin had a 'goal' feature that allowed me to set a goal and it would track it.  Cool, right?  So I created a goal that over the month of December that I'd go 60 miles in 30 days.  So, on December 31, Dan and I set out for the last walk to cover the last 3 miles.  Hitting the goal felt amazing and tiring.  Mostly amazing!
You can click on the image to see it bigger

The remainder of our New Years weekend was spent being reading in front of the fire, watching movies and playing with the dogs.  In Northern Wisconsin there was enough snow to make the dogs leap and jump through snow piles.  They were in heaven!  I also started thinking about new goals... what do I want to accomplish in 2012?  I'm still working on some of them but will post them shortly.

I missed my meeting this week due to a critical work problem.  I did go late and weigh in and the results were alright.  They were good, not great but since I have been battling a cold for several days I didn't expect to see huge numbers.

How was your New Year?  Do you set resolutions?  What kind of things do you want to accomplish in 2012?

No comments:

Post a Comment