Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Temporary Weight Loss?

Last Wednesday I started feeling kind of icky.  It started with a pain in my neck and I knew I needed to crack my neck but it hurt to turn my head.  Then the pain worsened to be an all inclusive headache which is when I took some Tylenol PM and headed to bed.  By Thursday morning I was miserable.  I was sick to my stomach and alternated between sweating bullets and being so cold I thought maybe I'd become a penguin.  (For my bestie Krissy - it's too cold for a penguin to be walkin' around outside - sorry but I couldn't resist)  Throw in a little diarrhea and you've got quite the virus.  This continued on through Saturday when my fever spiked at 102.4 degrees.  Not only was I miserable but now I was getting worried because I normally don't run more than 100 or 101 when I'm sick and the last time I'd had a fever that high was when my appendix ruptured.  Luckily, my appendix has already been removed so at least I didn't have to worry about that!  :)

I spent the days sleeping.  Almost all day.  I didn't have much of an appetite and when I did eat I just ended up with more nausea and diarrhea.  So I started on the BRAT diet.  I'd never been on this diet as a kid but heard that it was supposed to work wonders for stopping diarrhea.  If you're not familiar the BRAT diet is made up of Bananas, Rice, Applesauce and Toast.  Not tubular cased meats as my husband first thought.  I'm fine with the RAT of the diet but bananas for every meal got old.  Fast.  Let me say that it does seem to help but after 3 days of eating the exact same thing I'd be happy to not have that combination of foods for ... oh... I don't know... ever.

I weighed in at my meeting today and found out I'd lost 7.4 pounds in a week.  Maybe the BRAT diet isn't so bad?  Then thinking about having bananas, rice, applesauce and toast for dinner?  Nah... I'll happily go back to eating regular healthy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment