Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My first gain ....

We go to the Tuesday night meeting.  I've always weighed myself early in the morning - you know before you eat or drink anything that would add any weight.  I ate normally during the day, I stayed on plan but when I got to the meeting my heart sank.  I gained.  I gained?  Are you freakin' kidding me?  I gained 1.2 pounds.

I was kind of devastated.  I haven't been doing this very long so seeing a gain was super disappointing.  On my way home from the meeting I called my husband crying.  Remember when I said that during the milestone celebration the week before one of the meeting attendees made a point of saying if you gain it's because you're cheating.  I went back through my journal but I knew I hadn't cheated.

The WW plan gives you your daily allowance and weekly allowance so when you want to indulge you can.  I hadn't even been using my weekly allowance very much and yet I gained.  How could this happen?  When I talked to my friend and my husband about it we decided that it was probably because I'd eaten dinner before the meeting and drank about 48 ounces of water.

Maybe I won't do that again.  In the meantime, I'm working on following the plan even more carefully and I bought a pedometer from the WW meeting that can track either your activity or your whole day and also calculate how many activity points it is.  Surely, this will help me journal and make sure that I'm following the plan, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment